- I still don't understand how can everyone be so stressed about the interview, it's just a rainbow haired Ceasar asking the same questions he asks every year: "Do you have family?, How do you think they feel?, What's your strategy?, Is someone waiting at home for you?" Same questions same answers, I haven't heard any original responses since my sisters interview where she delighted them with her already trained attitude from district 2. - I confess to Lara, my stylist
- It's a matter of thinking the perfect answer, that suits who you play in their show.
- Can I ask you something? Is it weird that I dream of my sister, well not dream but have nightmares about her.
- Perhaps not but since you were reaped… tributes aren't expected to be normal anymore, not after they are reaped.
Those weren't the words I had expected from a woman born in this mess of life, born in the Capitol.
- Our next tribute may have a step forward from the rest of our young comrades, her sister Alison Boit won the games 9 years ago and now give a little more pride to her district Katherine has volunteered for this years Games, so please give a round of applause to district 8 female tribute: Katherine Boit
Once he finish speaking I walk in, blinding lights everywhere, and shadows trying to eat them, I try to keep a straight pace so I don't trip and fall, I know that the only way to win the games is by charming Caesar and the Capitol citizens.
- So Katherine tell us how are you enjoying the Capitol?
- You can call me Kathy - I try to fake a smile, to look a bit like my sister - And I never thought that it could be this beautiful here, I always thought… - Great I am choking, I have to think of Jess answer - I mean, I always thought of the Capitol as the biggest house of dolls that has ever existed, all this pretty girls surrounded by handsome men, always wearing beautiful clothes and having a great time doing this everyday, it is any little girls fantasy to come here, as it was mine when I was younger - The moment the crowd nodded and smiled I knew who I was in their show, the sweet one, the one that will always charm them with her "smiles" and her words.
- The day of the charity ride then did you feel like a doll - Somehow yes, I felt like the doll that was once left behind and another girl finds, you know I felt pretty and wanted I felt like I belonged to someone, or in this case that I belonged somewhere.
- And so far, do you have any thoughts on the other tributes?
- I honestly think I shouldn't underestimate anyone, because all of them have great skills that may come handy during the games
- Do you think you have the chances of your sister?
- Well perhaps not the same, she was raised 10 years in D2, and I was only there my first year of live, but I hopefully think that I learned enough during training to survive the games.
- One last question before you go sweetheart, were your parents there when you volunteered.
It was now or never, I got one final charm to knock them out, so I started crying it was half real, half faked but people got shocked by my tears that was what I had expected.
- Are you okay Kathy, was it something I said?
- No, it's just that you mentioned my mother, she died when I was 3, trying give birth to who could have been my younger brother
- That's terrible
- I guess, since my mother died I was raised by the housekeeper, I actually volunteered for her daughter, she is so dear to me just like my own sister
- Well I'm that she is with you in spirit and that you will fid you way trough the games an become our victor.
- Thank you Caesar for your kind words - I gave one last smile with a few tears in my eyes, and before I walked out of the stage I heard the roar of the crowd clapping and cheering me.
Once I got down from the stage I heard someone behind me giggling at me
- Well you found your way in their hearts sis, now you only have to find a way out of the games.